Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Trip.

I wanted to share with everyone how our trip from Washington to Florida went. I kept going back and forth on whether or not to post a video or try to (with the best of my abilities) describe how it went. The video won. It's so much easier! (I blame that on my drama queen-ness) I did realize that I left A LOT of things out though, like... The trip to San Diego wasn't fail-proof either. We ended up getting stuck on the Grape-Vine with an overheated truck in the middle of the afternoon. If you've ever been on the GV, you know how horrible that is...AND while we were waiting for the truck to cool down, Scarlett ended up tripping over herself and landed face first on the cement! busting her lip/face open and looking like I sucker-punched her for the rest of the trip.

I also didn't go into detail about the friends I saw, only because I've (or they) have already written separate posts about that, and I didn't want to feel like I was repeating myself.

You can read about those here:

-Kelly & our cute little ones

-Kristina & Charlie





(*I noticed that the video is being a little weird. It'll work sometimes and others says "Error Occurred" I'm sorry about that. If you click through, it'll take you straight to YouTube - where it works just fine. )

I'm sorry for the weird pauses, stutters, and other random things. I want to feel free on this blog, so to start that off, I decided not to even brush my hair for this video. I DID put on a little make up, but that's it. I don't want to keep feeling like I have to make everyone else happy, or worry about how I look or how others will perceive me anymore. So enjoy! ;)

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I cannot imagine going through all of those things! You are definitely one strong mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Thank you so much! It definitely was one crazy trip! but it's so worth it now that we're here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you had to deal with all that, sweet. I do believe though it only makes for a stronger soul, such shitty things happen to the best of us but its how we deal with it that counts and you made it through and got to your dream home.

    Ps. You're a doll, brushed hair or no brushed hair, you're beautiful. Trying to make everyone else happy can weigh us down, I know how important it may seem to be at times as I can be the same but as long as we know who we are that is all that matters. Oh and I love me some American accent, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had to go through all that during your move. I admire how you were able to handle the situation. The good thing is that you guys made it there safely :)

    Make sure to check out Tisa's in Niceville. Their bread is to die for!! I'm not sure if you like korean, but Korea house is awesome. They make the best bulgogi in town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this! I am so glad that you made it safely. And that you're blogging here now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. loved the video.. major applause to you for staying positive.
    (and yay for blogging here)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love you Megan! I'm so happy you made it safely, and I cannot BELIEVE you went through all of that! Annnnd you managed to stay positive.

    I'm so sad we didn't meet but I know we will one day and it will be amazing. Thank you for the sweet words about me, you made me tear up a little. <3

    So much love to you guys! I feel so lucky to call you my friend.

    xoxo
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a crazy move! and you seem to have such a positive outlook about it. i'm glad that you guys are really enjoying the new house. :)

    ReplyDelete